Sunday, June 11, 2006

our garden

Our garden is just too long to take a picture of the whole thing, very awkward, so here's most of it.







This is mommy's frog which sprays water, daddy said I should include it.







And there's part of the garden, isn't that splendidly green grass? It better be, after it was all plowed up and we had such a barren place for a while. Here I must mention Mr. and Mrs. Zonneveld, but especially Mr. Jack Z because he came and worked for 8 hours in our garden one day, and a few more hours on another day, simply because he's a kind person and loves gardening. Also Mr. Sean Purcell, who did the heavy lifting, and Mrs. Krista Purcell (she's the daughter of Mr. Jack Z) who weeded and raked and dug and advised. I must tell you, we would have had very good intentions for that garden, but it would not have been dug up and replanted ANY time soon if they all hadn't come in and worked so hard.



This is our pergola by the side of the house. You know what happened once? I spent a long long time sweeping all that area, and the next day it was exactly the same again! Like magic. And here I must mention daddy, who hung up all those flowers with some fancy knot which I can't remember the name of.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gideon Strauss said...

I think it is a Zeppelin Loop.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Premodern Bloke said...

What a nice backyard and outdoor eating area. I can envision many summer evening suppers with engaging late-night conversation.

Jeff

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home